The Saint John Riptide are pleased to announce the signing of Kammron Taylor for the 2016-2017 NBL Canada season.
Taylor, a 6’2” point guard, was an honorable mention all-conference pick as a junior with the Wisconsin Badgers, when he averaged 14.2 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. In his senior season, he was named to the All-Big Ten second team and the Big Ten All-Tournament team. In 36 games, he averaged 13.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
“With Kammron Taylor we are getting a solid veteran point guard who started at a great program for 3 years at Wisconsin; he brings great leadership and tough defense having played for the great coach Bo Ryan,” states Coach and General Manager Rob Spon. “He can knock down the open shot when he needs to, but it’s his leadership and controlling and running the offense and sets the tone, that makes him so valuable and a great locker room guy.”
In 2007, Taylor joined the Minnesota Timberwolves for the 2007 NBA Summer League. Later that year he began his extensive international career, signing first with CB L’Hospitalet of the Spanish LEB Oro, then Turkey, Spain, France, Hungary, Cyprus, and Columbia in subsequent seasons and most recently in Venezuela.
In July 2012, he re-joined the Minnesota Timberwolves for the 2012 NBA Summer League. The following season, he signed with the Boston Celtics eventually being reassigned to the teams’s affiliate, Maine Red Claws of the NBA D League.
- University of Wisconsin
- 2x All Big Ten Player 2006-2007
- Pre season Wooden Award Finalist 2007
- NABC All District Player 2007
- Scored over 1200 points in 3yrs of College
- Led Team to #1 rank in the country in 2007
- NCAA Tournament 4yrs straight
- Elite 8 Appearance in 2005
- Big Ten Tournament Champion 2004
- Big Ten Tournament All Tournament Team 2006-2007
- Averaged 24.0ppg in 2007 NCAA Tournament
- NBA Pre Draft Combine Participant 2007
- NBA Summer league with Minnesota Timberwolves 2007-2008
- Spain 2008 (LEB GOLD) Averaged 16.ppg
- France 2009 Le Havre (Pro A) 14.0ppg
- Turkey Top League Antalya 2009:12.0ppg, led Turkish cup in scoring at 28.0ppg
- Spain (LEB GOLD) 2010: Averaged 20.0ppg, Led league in Scoring
- Hungary Top League 2011 Szolnok: 22.ppg Avg
- Cyprus Top League Keravnos 2011: 16.0ppg, Lost in Semifinals
- Colombia Top League Guerreros 2011: Averaged 22.0ppg, Lost in Semifinals
- Germany BBL top league Ludwigsburg 2012: Averaged 14.0ppg
- NBA Minnesota Timberwolves Summer league 2012: Led team to best record, Averaged 11.0ppg 3.0apg
- Signed to the NBA BOSTON CELTICS in 2013!!
- Venezuela top league Gigantes 2015: Averaged 13.0ppg 3.0apg